Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Farewell to Summer


Although summer doesn't officially end until sometime around September 21st, Labor Day weekend is approaching fast. For most of us this means it's time to pack away the white shoes and purses, arrange socks closer to the front of the undies drawer, and make sure to set the alarm clock to wake us because the sun is slower to rise in the east. It's also getting just a little easier to get to bed because darkness has set in by the time I am brushing and flossing my teeth at night.

So many of us love Autumn -- the colors, for one, are gorgeous.  Last year at this time Beloved and I were preparing for our "Leaf Peeping Tour" in New England.  I'm sure glad that was then and not now! Much of what we saw in Vermont is now under water, or impassable at best.  


Before long we'll be needing to pull up a quilt over us when we nap or crawl into bed after the 9pm news.  My daughter sent me a link to her Etsy shop this week, where she sells her creations.  The desire to sew runs strong from her grandmother, to me, and now to her.  I have to tell you, I am very proud of the projects she comes up with.  


Don't you love this fabric and the colors?!  For information about this quilt, the fabrics, and pattern used, click on this link:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70652463/easy-does-it-babylap-quilt?ref=v1_other_1

No comments:

Post a Comment