Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pink Geraniums

Last year PB gave me a small pot of pink geraniums and I was able to successfully winter them over in the south-facing window of my sewing room.  Also last summer, DL gave me a pot of red geraniums, and they, too, have survived indoors to bloom beautifully for us this year.

When I was a little girl, for a time we lived in a climate where geraniums grew year 'round, as bushes even.  But in my current location, the snow storms of winter make that an impossibility, unless you bring the plants inside.

When I open the white shutters over the kitchen sink each morning, I can see the pink flowers on a deck table -- such a cheery scene when one is sleepy and still trying to remember who they are and what they are supposed to be doing!

Like flowers, not all people have the same needs.  Some are strong and resilient, and some seem to pale with every hot wind.  We need to accept how we are made and learn to live within the boundaries that keep us physically healthy, emotionally strong, and spiritually alive.  Of course we always need to seek to improve wherever we can, but sometimes I think we forget that our Creator has His reasons why He made us with certain limitations.

Yes, as the Apostle Paul says in Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  But let us at the same time remember that we are not called to do ALL things.  Christ gives us the enabling power we need to do what He asks of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment