Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook for July 19


FOR TODAY

Outside my window ... the sun is shining brightly, the temperature is heading well above 90 degrees, and our vegetable garden is loving it!

I am thinking ... about how much I appreciate the positive and encouraging comments some of my readers have sent my way in the few days since I re-designed and resumed my blog. 

From the kitchen ... this morning for breakfast we each had 1/4 cup of Eggbeaters scrambled, and served in an Orowheat Sandwich Thin, with a very small spread of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, and a slice of Kraft American Cheese.  We also had applesauce, coffee (always Hazelnut!) and now I'm working on a cup of hot tea.

I am wearing .... a dark lavender t-shirt with lavender-and-white polka dot capris and flippy sandals.

I am creating "pages" for this blog.  That's the horizontal bar on my homepage, just below the header that has some information about my Topics (far left column).  This is a feature that's been available on Blogger for a long time, but I just recently became aware of it and how to use it.

I am going ... to start walking today for exercise.  Beloved continues to lose weight while I sit around too much!  

I am reading ... Turning the Tide, Real Hope, Real Change by Dr. Charles Stanley.  Recently this respected pastor, author, and founder of In Touch Ministries came through our town on his book-signing tour.  We stood with a lot of other people in a fast-moving line for well over two hours so we could meet him, shake his hand, and watch him autograph our copy of his book.  

His newest book and a copy of the In Touch monthly devotional magazine

Dr. Charles Stanley 

I am hoping ... that this week I can get caught up on some house cleaning and maintain a pleasant attitude during our hot weather. 

I am hearing ... the Today Show on the kitchen TV.  Click.  (I just now turned it off.)

Around the house ... a small pile of clean laundry on the guest room bed  is waiting for me to fold and put away.  I need to spackle some nail holes and apply touch-up paint in places that are showing wear.  

One of my favorite things ... Sunday mornings.  While getting dressed for church, eating breakfast, and enjoying our second cup of coffee, Beloved and I enjoy having the TV turned on to Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah, Day of Discovery, and In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley.  All of these programs have been helpful to us through the years as we prepare our hearts for worship and learning at our local church.  Check your local TV listings for the time and station in your area.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... I would love to find the time to sew a quilted vest to wear with my white broomstick skirt before summer gets away from me.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing ...

Photo taken by my sister on the 4th of July.
I am calling it, "Night Dandelions."

The Simple Woman's Daybook is a weekly habit enjoyed by many bloggers.  It is a pleasant and effective way to bring more traffic to your blog.  For more information about the woman who came up with this idea, go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/  If the link doesn't work for you, copy-and-past it into your browser.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning the sidebar additions. I'll look into that....Your husband should do a blog about his weight loss journey..it might help me...I've been successful in the past but lately I just can't seem to be stalled.
    I enjoy reading a little about your life.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, Mama Bear! My DH balances eating less with a lot more physical exercise, which I think has made the biggest difference. Me, I'd rather figure out how to eat less and forget the exercise! Ha-ha! You have a delightful blog, too. I hope you are able to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete