Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook for August 23rd

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Monday evening is settling in with some ominous-looking clouds to the West.  However, I don't think my neighborhood will get any rain out of them.

I am thinking... it feels really good to be sitting down after an afternoon of shopping at several stores.  Much of current fashion continues to irritate me.

I am thankful for... the mobility of my laptop computer.  Gone are the days when I had to sit at a desk to type on the computer.  I use my laptop in the kitchen and family room daily; and frequently take it upstairs to my study and sewing rooms, too.

From the kitchen...the dishwasher is busy with breakfast, lunch, and supper dishes.

I am wearing...a black-and-white gingham seersucker Camp shirt, black capris, sandals, and pearl earrings.

I am creating...this blog post for Tuesday.  The past 8 days have made for an   unusual week that I will be glad to see end. 

I am going... to my friend's memorial service tomorrow (Tuesday).  See last week's Simple Woman's Daybook about that. 

I am reading...The Mediterranean Diet, Raw Rood Made Easy, and Recipes for Diabetics as I prepare future menu plans.

I am hoping... we are able to stop the influx of bees into our master bathroom.  They show up dead or nearly dead every few days or so.  We have yet to figure out how they are getting into the house.  Even the Orkin man was clueless.

I am hearing... the Bears and Jets playing on Monday night football.

Around the house... sheets in the dryer await folding, I should hand-water the flowers outside tomorrow morning, Oh!  We just had a strong roll of thunder outside!  Maybe we will get some rain after all!

One of my favorite things... sitting here in my chair with Beloved sitting in his chair in the same room while a football game is on.  I don't understand much about the sport except for touchdowns and field goals, but it's just a nice time to spend with my husband. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Christmas shopping and wrapping (some in my family are getting a jump on the season this year), sewing a vest or doing some embroidery while listening to some MP3 downloads from Above Rubies...

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
 As mentioned earlier, the football season has begun (well, the 'preseason' games), so it's time to think about snack food.  This evening for dinner we had Banquet Chicken Patties on Orowheat Sandwich Thins, a large veggie green salad, and chips with dips.  For Beloved it was a purchased nacho cheese dip, and for me it was my favorite Guacamole Dip.  The recipe follows.


Guacamole Dip
Yields 1/2 cup, 1-2 servings

1 ripe avocado, soft enough to easily scoop out of the peel with a spoon
1  1/2 teaspoons minced dried onion
1 teaspoon bottled lime juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar
Dash Tabasco sauce
Dash salt
Dash pepper

Place all ingredients into a food processor.  Process until smooth. Serve immediately. YUM!


The Simple Woman's Daybook is a weekly habit enjoyed by many bloggers. It is a pleasant and effective way to bring more traffic to your blog. For more information about the woman who came up with this idea, go to
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ 
If the link doesn't work for you, copy-and-paste it into your browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment