Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Benefits of Good Seed

 Be not deceived;
God is not mocked:
for whatsoever a man soweth,
that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7

We planted zucchini seeds and now the huge leaves are abundant in our garden.  We've also got a wonderful crop of cherry tomatoes. The green peas are done; and we've had several meals with green beans.  Corn won't be showing up in this year's garden because we didn't plant any.  

I think about what I am "sowing" every day.  If I don't remember what I've planted in my life, all I have to do is look around.  Is my marriage peaceful?  Then kind words and loving actions must have been planted. Are dirty dishes stacked in the kitchen?  Either I've been sowing too much busyness or perhaps some laziness.  

Here is a recipe we enjoyed a few days ago with the zucchini and cherry tomatoes:

Zuccchini Saute'


Slice up the zucchini about 1/4 inch thick and then slice in half.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
Slice and dice some onion (red, white, or yellow)
Crush a large clove of garlic

Melt a half-and-half mixture of extra virgin olive oil and a pat of butter (about 1 Tablespoon) in a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Add the vegetables, allowing to cook until a bit of a crispy coating starts to form, then turn veggies over and stir around a little, cooking until desired amount of doneness is achieved.  

This is a wonderful side dish that takes just a few minutes to prepare.


No comments:

Post a Comment